Sunday, January 23, 2011

Legacy

Saturday seemed really significant to me.
I sat in the Simpson gym...packed with people...some new faces...a ton a familiar faces from the past.
All of us there to honor the legacy of a life well lived.
Mike Gower would of loved the crowd he pulled together for his memorial.
Looking at the impact his life has had on the kingdom in the faces of the ones he poured his life into.
My mentor in college...Jim Bailey was there with his wife Amy from Kansas City.
Jim saw something in me when no one else did.
He took a chance on me and I can say with confidence that I am the man I am today because Jim poured his life into me.
Mike and Jim stand as two people in my life that I will never forget.
I don't remember all the conversations or the advice but I remember the men and that they let me into pieces of their lives that shaped me forever. They knew Jesus in a way that was contagious and put me on a pursuit to know him in the same way.
Saturday was a significant moment in time for me.
It was a reminder to what's important. God and people.
I want to be remembered in a gym someday with people that I poured my life into.
Thanks Mike.
Thanks Jim.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan your take on saturday was spot on. Mike did it right with Jesus, wife and kids. In his spare time he poured into about 1000 other people. He lived a life of impact for Jesus. I may not fill a gym when I die but Mike taught me to love the 5 I have at home and God will bless the rest.

Klein said...

yeah. Saturday was amazing. A total refocus for me. Thanks for the post brother. Love the beard!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory