Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'll let you in...

















If you're not ready to have your life changed then quickly close this tab. Here's your assignment for tomorrow. Go to Los Gordos on the corner of Tehama and Pine. Order two pastor tacos "el jefe" style.
Much thanks to Jeff Humbert for going to Los Gordos so much and ordering your tacos in such a way that the entire restaurant now excepts "el jefe" style as an actual way to order your tacos. Was that a run on sentence?
They melt chesse between the two corn tortillas before they pound on the pork, onions, and cilantro. $5 that will change your life. You can thank me later. I realize this picture is probably from a weird picnic and there is an anglo handling the plate so you can bank on it not being authentic...but it's the best google could come up with. The chips with pico top it all off. Jeremy and I were there today. It's a once a week staple. Meat, grain, dairy, fruit, vegetables and Los Gordos!

4 comments:

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Yum! Haven't been there, yet, but I'm going next Saturday before the Redding Improv Players performance. Yes, I have to plan my life far in advance.

Jeff Humbert said...

No Problem Dan.... Happy to help

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Peter Black introduced us to el gordo's el jefe style awhile back...and I'm itching for more. Maybe on the next trip up? Christmas?

Jeff Humbert said...

P.Black.... the impostor jefe