Tuesday, September 15, 2009

18 peeps in my living room

I love the first night of a Life Group.
Who's gonna show up?
How many awkward moments?
Is anyone gonna show up?

18 amazing people came through the door tonight...I'm stoked.
This next season of my life will include getting to know these peeps more.
We have singles, students, engaged, married, married with kids, and a retired couple.
Community. I can't wait to see what happens.

We just wrapped up a series on discipleship at the Stirring.
I asked our group how many of them are in discipleship relationships right now and almost all of them said they were. Amazing.
WE LOVE. WE MAKE DISCIPLES.

1 comment:

Piet and Leah Bakers said...

Hi Dan, I've just spent the last hour or so looking at the Stirring website, reading some of the blogs, and WOW, I'm overwhelmed. God has been SO good to the Stirring. Don't ever forget the blessings he is bestowing upon this church. I am SO PROUD and BLESSED to be associated with The Stirring. The leadership and all involved are definitely doing something right, and God is honoring you for it. I think back to the "awkward" days of the Stirring, and now look at it...it doesn't seem like it's the same place. I have to admit that my church here in Port Elizabeth is trying to replicate something similar and The Stirring is my inspiration. God is moving in Redding, California, and he is moving through The Stirring!! Keep pressing in to discover the heart of the Father! I miss you guys out there.