Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Shoes

Thanks for the pic Brent...I stole it.
Today we finished off the last of the handing out of shoes at Cypress Elementary School. If you didn't know we raised money with a music, art and film festival called Erase the Dark, and we took the proceeds to put shoes on all the kids at the school. We handed them out last Wednesday and the kids flipped. When we left we got an order for 28 more shoes. Kids that had transferred in late. We got those to the kids today. All in all we handed out over 250 shoes! As we walked through the halls today I saw our shoes everywhere on kids feet and I couldn't stop smiling. Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen.
This is my 900th post. I've been doing this for a while.

1 comment:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

This is such a good idea. You're basically just like Toms but it looks like you're sporting pro spirits instead. I love that you guys are helping out needy kids in your area. They'll remember the gesture forever.