Monday, March 02, 2009

Yellow shirt Mondays


Mondays are my Sabbath.
If you ever run into me on a Monday (and most Saturdays) you'll see me in a yellow shirt.
I have this one: The 2001 Jog-o-thon shirt, with kids standing in a row with shirts that spell Jesus loves you.
And I have a yellow Walk your talk walk shirt that was raising money for adoption.
I just came to this revelation this morning. I have no idea why I do this but these weird shirts bring a sense of normalcy to my life...something I can count on.
The only time I switch it up is with the red CUSH shirt that I've had since 1999. Steve and I still sport this shirt whenever possible.
I'm a pretty simple dude...
Mondays...yellow shirts...
Coffee...gray flannel sweats...and my 10 year old moccasins that you can smell 2 minutes before I arrive.
Do you guys have any weird habitual outfits?
Am I the only one?

2 comments:

Pearcia LaPointe said...

If I'm traveling a long distance in the car, I have to wear flip flops. Even if I'm traveling to or from snow, I wear flip flops. I love to be bare foot in the car (or anywhere really) and the road trip only starts after I get my flip flops on.
I love your mug by the way. I can't wait for Elliot to give me mugs and aprons and hand-made pictures that say things like "I love Mommie" or "My Mommie is the Best"! I eat that stuff up!

B.Rubble said...

Yes..Yes I do..

I Commercially fished in Alaska for 5 seasons, before it was put on T.V. and became "cool". Well, my last trip, I came "down the hill" on a processing ship. Thing rode like a pig and was a real beast of a ship. But, they had the most wonderful thermal sweats ever invented in the history of mankind. Thick, breathable and and and! They came in short/round, my body style! WOOHOO..well, the sweatshirt died after three years
but the sweat pants. They're my Sunday gear. Every Sunday. Summer/Nuclear winter, any Sunday morning
Restroom..must use restroom..brush teeth, use up all the hot water, lil huevo's splash (you sexy mo-fo) wife-beater, trident seafood sweatpants, and a pair of Doc Martens sandals. (btw, OMG you have to get these..they rock your arch..seriously) coffee thats best described as "rocket fuel" and some time on the patio staring at churn creek and waking up...MUST....hAVE...SWEATS....