Saturday, January 10, 2009

Zeke vs. Electricity

This is a story for those of you that know my son. He is 5 and he has already become an electrical engineer. Lights, fans, engines, wires...he's into it!
This week Zeke has blown the power in our house twice.
One instance came with a huge popping noise and Zeke screaming. I came into the front room to find this night light that was fried from ridiculous overuse. (Thanks for the nightlight Nana :)
Then last night Zeke comes screaming into the front room. The kids were supposedly sleeping but we go back there...the lights are blown...Sofia is screaming in a closed closet...and Zeke refuses to go back in the room. When I flip the breaker the little box fan in their room is still on.
We still have no idea what happened. I think it's better that way. I really want a nanny cam in their room but at this point I think ignorance is bliss.
I need to get to know some firemen in Redding...I'm not sure how long our house and Zeke can co-exist.

8 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

maybe he has special powers like walt from LOST?

Unknown said...

good thing zeke and aksel don't live too close to one another...there would be trouble, fire, law enforcement, explosions....we have stories, but too embarrassed to share as it would impugn us as parents.

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Pure, classic 100% Zeke. I love that somethings (or kids) just don't disappoint!

B.Rubble said...

I'm suggesting a Baby Monitor..the kind where the parental unit has a beltclip...so you can pack it around and still hear the naughtiness...It helps...trust me...I was the lightsocket kid. Mom caught me puttin a bobby pin in a lightsocket around 2 yrs old...poked me on both cheeks of the diaper holder and I shot up around ceiling level and NEVER went near a lightsocket again..(still dont like pluggin stuff in)

Anonymous said...

Just between to old construction buddys dan, they sell plug in "gfi" plugs.
If what i just said doesnt make sence let me know and ill explain more.
But Im think some of those would work great for you and your studdly young guy
-Joshua W. Solorio

B.Rubble said...

NICE save J.W.

Emily Branca said...

i am seriously laughing so hard there are tears running down my face. your son is amazing, and you capture him so well in your blogs. no joke. i can just hear AND see zeke jetting into the living room screaming at the top of his lungs.... priceless!!

Sarah said...

haha..just so you know..caught him 3 times yesterday in my class...two times playing with a nightlight that belongs to the 7th day..and once trying to squeeze his arm behind a shelf to turn a lighthouse on....he gave me that suspicious grin of "what? I'm not doing anything" and then a look of frustration because I had thwarted all his plans!