Saturday, January 24, 2009

The joy of speaking

You prepare all week to say something.
Friday you put the finishing touches together.
You say it out loud and realize you have no idea what you're talking about.
You pray. You get up Saturday and change everything you prepared.
You put finishing touches together. Say it out loud.
This time you're ready to go.
Why does God have you spend a ton of time preparing a message through the week that you'll never speak to another person. I'll never know.
It's humbling.
I'm speaking about honor.
Maybe I should of expected that!

1 comment:

Moseley said...

It's not so much about what you've prepared then is it? It's more about being obedient, and doing what God has called you to do. Be thankful. Maybe your message would have bombed, and brought shame to your childrens children (I doubt it). But be thankful that God intervenes (my calvanism speaking) so that His words are spoken. Also, it may be a testimony to the existence of God to an unbeliever. Too preachy? Probably, I have been known to run my mouth from time to time.