Saturday, September 06, 2008

The weigh in

Well...the post baby craziness has not been good for the waistline.
I haven't been on my bike since two weeks before the baby.
I had to be ready to get home quick if Alyssa's water broke so I didn't want to be stuck with my bike somewhere if that happened.
Zeke started school right after the baby came and I have been taking him to school every morning which means I've got the car with me all day.
Add to that the fact that people are bringing us amazing food every other night for dinner (thanks Amy and Jeremy for last night) and you have recipe for disaster. I think I've gained about 3 pounds...bummer.
When the normal rhythm's of your life get thrown off everything goes bananas.
Any suggestions?

5 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

maybe the gears you use for riding your bike can be brought down into tougher gears to make the ride a bit harder...making something harder or doing something more frequently will get you back on track...

Klein said...

its ok. You still have two weeks left. When in doubt, go on the 5 day fast/cleanse. Easily lose 10 lbs. Good luck

amy coverdale said...

you can blame the death brownies i brought Jeremy and I brought over.... I'm sure with each bite it's like 500 calories... not that the bacon wrapped chicken kabobs were much healthier.....:) you'll make it Dan-no worries...

rev rock said...

it was worth it Amy!

jered said...

My weight journey of the past 16 months or so has taught me a few things. Namely that running, biking, etc., are good for toning select muscle groups and for endurance, but not for weight loss. Interestingly, one of the most effective weight loss strategies is a weight program. Unless you're drinking creatine powder and living on a diet of protein shakes, there's not much risk of getting "overly muscular." This is my next fitness focus.