Monday, August 04, 2008

I'm a wuss


I used to play guitar for hours a day. Not so much anymore. Yesterday I was up at 6:30 to get to Risen King by 7:30 to practice for leading worship. Led for both services. Got lunch with my family...put my kids down for a nap...drove right to the Stirring to practice...played guitar for both services at the Stirring. My fingers feel like they are going to fall off. Back in the day I could play for a month and a half straight without stopping and be fine. Now one full day of playing and I'm done.
Alyssa left the Stirring last night a little early because she was having cramps/contractions. She's never done the pregnancy thing so she really doesn't know what a contraction feels like. When people saw us leaving 47 people came up to me and said..."IS IT HAPPENING???!!?"
Sorry to disappoint folks.
Soon and very soon.

2 comments:

Rosetta Borgic said...

We were totally thinking it, but thought it might be super annoying to hear it 44 times.

jered said...

I have a natural-born sister and an adopted brother. My mother miscarried between my sister and me. My brother is from Korea. There were a couple times I was with her when she was answering questions about number of pregnancies (3) and number of children (3). They looked at me, looked at her, looked at my brother, looked at me, etc.

Congrats to you guys ahead of time.