Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Weird realization

Alyssa and I realized something weird as we were out at coffee last night. We were actually having time to talk and think without kids and it was amazing. We realized we should probably finalize the name for the baby and we are going with Moses. Unless Jesus wakes us up and tells us we have to name him something else.
While we were on the subject of Moses we started talking about the amount of people that are so excited to see who he will look like. We've had countless people ask us, "aren't you so excited to see who he's going to look like?" It's weird but neither of us have thought about that at all. This might we the weird piece of having two adopted kids but it hasn't crossed our minds at all that there is a pretty good chance that this kid is going to look a lot like both of us. Is that weird?
Most people are like, "oh I hope he gets my eyes, and her hair, etc..."
We just honestly thought about it for the first time last night and thought that was kind of strange. The only thing I hope for my son is that he gets my wifes looks (without lookin' like a chic) if that's possible, and that he gets my hair, my height, my humongous forehead, my two bottom front teeth that are yellow because they got the enamel knocked off of them when I was a baby, my crazy chest hair, and has good skin for tattoos! If he gets all that I'd be stoked.
What's funny is that both of our kids already look like me.
God is pretty hilarious though...I bet Moses comes out and is the one kid in our family that looks nothing like us...what if?

7 comments:

nathan said...

you're juggling and running forward ... medical insurance, life groups, worship, sunday morning church plant, the blue pews, single mom saturday, hackfest, TO, ephesians 5 ... oh yeah, and a baby ...

let's take it easy this summer ...

trisha loves to paint said...

i love this post!

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Every time I work in the infant room and get to play with Sofia I'm struck by her resemblance to you (and her extreme intelligence, of course, which must come from Alyssa). As mom to two adopted kids, I'm always surprised when people see any resemblance to me (but darned if Jake doesn't have my eyes) and even more surprised to see their resemblance to each other. Their school pics this year showed them with the EXACT same smile!

I can't wait to meet Moses! May the rest of Alyssa's pregnancy go as smoothly as silk.

Erica said...

This so funny. I think Alyssa needs some gene love beings how the other two look like you. But of course looking like a boy. I CAN'T WAIT! I AM SO EXCITED!

Unknown said...

I just hope he doesn't look like me...I'm just saying that would be weird...Don't read in to it! Did nate just drop a bomb on your comment space?

Unknown said...

I just hope he doesn't look like me...I'm just saying that would be weird...Don't read in to it! Did nate just drop a bomb on your comment space?

JUAN said...

Sean's comment is odd...

I think no matter who he looks like..... the biggest issue you will have is him parting the bath water... juice... he will even probably pee in two directions....