Monday, June 09, 2008

First week on the bike


Got my bike on Thursday. Rode it home and took it for a spin that night.
It's 3 miles from my house to work...6 miles roundtrip (figured that out in my head)
It's 3.5 miles to the Stirring from my house...7 miles roundtrip (don't let my math overwhelm you)
I didn't realize how hot it was yesterday till I stated riding to church. I'm really gonna try to get as much riding in as possible before the road turns to lava in a month.
In just a couple days I think I've put 30 miles on my bike. For just starting I'm pretty pumped about that. I didn't lose any weight this week even though I did good with my eating. I think it's because my legs feel like rocks and I'm assuming rocks weigh more than my previous jello legs. But you know what happens when you assume.
In gas terms 30 miles saves me about 5 bucks in gas.
In environment terms my car has been sitting at work since I bought my bike.
Feels good!

4 comments:

Rosetta Borgic said...

Just in case you didn't know who it was, it was Andrew and I yelling at you from the red Mazda on Saturday. Booyah! Ride that bike.

Anonymous said...

what kind of bike did you end up getting? why did you pick it?

rev rock said...

it's a SE Draft single speed. I wanted something simple that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

TimB said...

If I didn't live so freakin' far from my job, I'd ride my bike. Roll on!