Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Things you only see in Newport Beach

Today at Fashion Island we saw a woman with a Maltese dog strapped to her chest in one of the baby sling backpack things that you throw your kids in...unbelievable. I'm so mad I didn't have my camera. Last time I checked dogs like going for walks and not being strapped to people...only in Newport.
This place cracks me up. I can't look in any direction without seeing a Mercedes, Land Rover, or Hummer. I'm pretty sure my Echo wouldn't feel at home here. We are definitely a little out of our element. It's nice to visit but I could not survive down here.

6 comments:

ian said...

in newport's defense, you were at fashion island...

rev rock said...

i got no good response to that Ian...you nailed me!

B.Rubble said...

Nice...Can't throw a rock w/out some oil guzzling beast of a vehicle getting in the way of it...don't ya just love conspicuous consumption?

Anna said...

So true!!! I lived in Newport for 3 years and there are a lot of things you only see there. One I remember the most is always seeing the biggest diamonds you've ever seen on every woman that came into my store. It's totally unbelieveable down there, it's like a rich bubble where everyone has the biggest and the best everything!

Anonymous said...

Someone should plant a church in Newport... from the Stirring.

Meghan said...

i've been wanting one of those baby sling things so i can carry marley around easier, but i thought it might look weird in redding. guess i'll have to move to newport...