Sunday, May 18, 2008

Death cabs new album


do yourself a favor and grab it.
$10 bucks at amazon. i scooped it up at Starbucks for $13
picked it up a couple days ago.
really like it.
way more distortion and electric than your typical Death cab album.
don't go into it with old assumptions and I think you'll dig it.
love the song "Grapevine fires"
if you know me that won't surprise you.
i always skip the pop radio hits and gravitate to the drawn out dark songs that turn into crazy anthems that want to rip your face off...i'm a sucker for it every time!
Any other reviews, or other albums people should be picking up this summer?

4 comments:

ian said...

9.98 at target the first day, cheaper than itunes. ;) and i give it a B+. good stuff. the opener is fantastic.

Jason Day said...

I can't believe how they get away with not bringing in the vocals on "I Will Possess Your Heart" until the 4 and a 1/2 minute mark. Crazy but some how it works. I agree, I think this album is a great step for DCFC. Good call REV ROCK!

Anonymous said...

dude - you are VERY right about the record... so good.

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Thanks for the tip-off. Was itching for some new stuff.

My pick 'o the blog: The National - Boxer