Monday, April 28, 2008

I still remember...



...the first day I saw you in the hospital and you weighed 2 pounds 11 onces.
I remember holding your hand through an incubator and knowing that you were going to be my son.
I remember the interview with your birth mom telling her that we would love you every single day of your life.
I remember the phone call when she told us that she chose us to be your parents.
I remember bringing you home with an oxygen tank and a heart monitor.
I remember the colic and sleepless nights.
I remember you being the answer to hundreds of prayers from your mom and me.
I remember it all Zeke.
I can't believe you're turning 5.
I have loved you every second of your life.
It hasn't been easy but I think easy is over rated.
You are going to be a warrior in the kingdom of God.
Jesus has had his hand on your life from the day you could bring air into those little lungs.
Look at you now Zeke. I am so proud of the little man you are becoming.
I pray you become twice the man of God that you see in your daddy.
I love you so much Ezekiel Thomas Bono Lance.
Happy Birthday buddy!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Zeke!! Great Blog Dan!

escamillaweddings said...

thanks for the tears, dan.

happy birfday zeke!!!!

Anonymous said...

amazing.... Dan, you are someone that models what fathers should be like.

You are so blessed to have God on your side!!

Jeff Yoder said...

Happy Birthday Zeke!!!
Aksel can't wait to come over and wrestle.

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Happy birthday, Zeke!

What a moving post. Thank you so much.

B.Rubble said...

Zeke. Copy this, and save it. Then, when you're 16, and Dad says "No" for the 837th time about borrowing the car, print this out,and hand it to him...and say..."what happened Dad?"

In all seriousness, Happy Birthday Zeke. You're starting out with so much love and strength. I look forward to watching you shaped into a Warrior in Christ! OORAH

trisha loves to paint said...

can i come get boxes wed? i'll call you guys!
thanks!

KalynRebecca said...

so sweet

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

very sweet...words and memories from a father. Kids are such blessings!

Laura