Sunday, April 27, 2008

Craziness before the calm

Quick note...Stirring was awesome tonight. I love that we are talking about spiritual gifts within the context of love and family. "We're different on purpose." Got to pray with a bunch of people tonight...we have a really great family!
Back to the craziness...we leave Thursday for vacation. We are spending a couple days with friends and family in Riverside then we are headed to Newport with no kids for a couple days...praise Jesus!
Why is it that everything in the whole world has to get done the few days before you leave for vacation? You work twice as hard before you leave, which means you're twice as tired when you actually get to rest. Oh well...I can't wait to relax with friends and family. If you haven't taken a vacation this year and you aren't planning on it...shame on you! Nate will get mad at me for shaming people but we all need a break. God designed us for work and rest. Plan something...put it on the calendar right now...guard that time with your life...it will give you life in return.
Can't wait!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said Nate will get "made" at you. You must be tired....

rev rock said...

thanks for being my spell check Juan. I'm gonna make you the editor for my book!

Anonymous said...

dude, how about I design the cover?

B.Rubble said...

NICE! Have an awesome time with your wife. It's important for you to remember and honor who you two are, a couple. Yes, you have children. Yes, they mean more than life to you. Ok, now that we have that out of the way...You still need rest, and time with someone who doesn't have part of their last meal in their hair. Have a great time, and remember...Food always tastes better when you eat it on a beach, with no shoes.

Anna said...

I am a BIG believer in vacations! Last year Matt and I went Europe w/my family and this year we are going to Louisiana (to visit friends) and Jamaica. Woo-hoo. Praise God for paid vacation time! :)

Emily Faulknor said...

You definitely need and deserve a vacation and I hope that you have an extraordinary time Dan! We will miss you guys!