Sunday, April 13, 2008

Carry weight

I just got done speaking at the Stirring tonight. We're talking about the family that God has in mind and what it looks like to grow and mature in that family. I proposed that as we grow we contribute and we start to carry weight. I'm pretty sure I surpassed the normal quota of times you can say poop in a sermon. Oh well...poop is always awesome material! Tonight was a lot of fun and also super intense at times. Sometimes I struggle to find the filter when I share...it comes out pretty raw...hence the poop stories.
I'm gonna start getting some really weird traffic coming through my blog. In my last few posts I've mentioned afterbirth, Joel Osteen and poop.
Can you tell I'm tired? I think I'm gonna sleep till Tuesday. We reached 30,000...Yippee!

10 comments:

ian said...

Here is lucky 30K!!! - what do they win?

Emily Branca said...

You really woke up the Stirring Family tonight Dan. I'm happy to know that you think I carry a bit of my weight in this awesome/crazy family.

KalynRebecca said...

tonight was... awesome (can't think of a better word). thanks for chatting with me after.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan. Tonight was awsome. I have a saying as my my space heading that applies....
Family" means more than just the people who share your bloodline. You need not live in the same house or grow up with the same last name in order to be family. The only requirement is a bond of love and support. Thank for talking tonight it was great.
Joe

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

hey foo...what is an email address I can reach you at and do you Skype or AIM...hit me up sucka foo!!!It's not like you're busy

B.Rubble said...

Dan...Sometimes I think that we "filter" too much of what we say. Take a look at the bible, and take Jesus' words out of their context and just read them. They're NOT filtered, They are the unadulterated truth and light, and sometimes, the light is a gentle
30W bulb for relaxing, and sometimes, its a 3 million candlepower spotlight directly in your eyes. Personally. I think filter is a great band, (was) and that sometimes, poop just needs to be said...after all, Forrest said it better...POOP! Well, it happens...

B.Rubble said...

Dan...Sometimes I think that we "filter" too much of what we say. Take a look at the bible, and take Jesus' words out of their context and just read them. They're NOT filtered, They are the unadulterated truth and light, and sometimes, the light is a gentle
30W bulb for relaxing, and sometimes, its a 3 million candlepower spotlight directly in your eyes. Personally. I think filter is a great band, (was) and that sometimes, poop just needs to be said...after all, Forrest said it better...POOP! Well, it happens...

Jenna said...

Our community was ready for that talk. You are a man of God.

Shannon said...

30K wow...you're so going to be bigger than Joel :-)

Erica said...

Great job Sunday night. I love how you can implement this in your own home as well. Ava and Adiah hate you right about now. There carrying their weight.