Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trying to wind down

I got home from the Stirring about an hour ago. Talked with Alyssa and her parents for a little bit. Seemed like they really loved our church. Bob and Gloria are leaving in the morning early. We had a great visit with them. Alyssa just went to bed and asked me, "do you need a little more time to wind down?" I responded with, "yeah, a little."
It's weird but Alyssa knows me too well. Tonight I laid my heart out at the Stirring and she knows I always go into this mode for a while after. My mind is kind of on overdrive and I can't focus too much on conversations. She's learned just to go to bed and let me blog for a little bit and I'll reach wind down mode shortly.
We talked about the Road to Emmaus tonight and how God is walking with us in our disappointments. I shared our story of infertility, adoption, miscarriage, adoption, and now pregnancy. God is awesome. I'll post a link when the podcast comes out. And just in case you're random to my blog and don't follow Jesus I want you to know that God is with you! He never leaves you!
Shalom

6 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Your story tonight seriously brought me to tears. Amazing. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Jeff said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story...and for sharing yourselves with us even though it has been a short period of time. We love you guys and even though we are leaving the area, we are excited about how God will continue to use you in the Stirring and in the Redding area.

--- Billy Brown said...

That was spectacular, man. You hit so many nerves out there, and it was an amazing encouragement for those of use who are struggling. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Emily Faulknor said...

Dan, thank you so much for sharing your heart tonight. You know it hit home for us and we felt like it was directed to us the whole time. We could totally relate with you in your struggles of the heart. Thank you for your vulnerability and your encouragement. God gave us hope through your story. :)

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Though I thought I might be prepared after talking to you in the coffee line, I wasn't. I was blown away by the story you shared. Yes, I was the one who had to TWICE run to the ladies' room so no one would see me sob. I know without a doubt that my two lovebugs are exactly where they were intended by God to be. I've worked as a mentor for fost-adopt families here in Redding - I'd love to help in any way to help Stirring families. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.

Terrace Crawford said...

Thanks for sharing your story. Can't wait to hear more.