Monday, March 10, 2008

A recovering cynic

Last night Nate wrapped up our "When God Dreams" series with a message on encouragement. He talked about how Jonathan's armor bearer isn't the focus of the story in I Samuel 14 but how crucial he is to the story. We want to create a culture at the Stirring where people are living out God's dreams and they are encouraged and supported in every way possible. We need those people in our lives that are speaking words of life into us. I shared at the end that Nate has been huge for me in this area. If left to my own thoughts I naturally find the negative and I can be very cynical. I also find that my attitude is shaped by the people I spend the most time with. In moving to Redding I had several conversations with Nate where he spoke hope and encouragement into my life. He brought out the things that God has put inside me and it has changed me into a different person. I want to be that person for others now. I want to be an armor bearer for people in our community. I want to speak God's words of life into people. If you are not a Redding person you should really go here and listen to this last series on line...the teachings are really shaping what we want to become as a church!

1 comment:

escamillaweddings said...

i was just speaking to some people this past week about how important the people you hang around impact your life.

i've been blessed to know people like you & alyssa, steve & karen, etc etc etc to be examples of what married couples are suppose to be like. before i came to the porch and then life groups, i had never experienced such positive relationships. you guys have meant so much. im stoked that you have such encouraging souls in redding. otherwise we'd have to drive up and straighten some foo's out! you know! :)

love you guys.