Monday, March 24, 2008

Amazing

Last night at the Stirring was crazy.
A bunch of people that signed up to get baptized didn't show up.
First gathering we only had two but both of them were amazing. Friends and family around the tank praying and celebrating new life...it was awesome.
Then Randy Miller comes up to me after the gathering and starts talking about my testimony last week. He asks if he can get baptized...I grab his wife and Jeremy and we dunk him in his street clothes.
Second gathering we baptize 12 that were scheduled...each one was amazing...two people from my Life Group...one girl that started following Jesus this month.
After the scheduled 12 I ask, "does any one else want to get wet?" A girl throws her hand up and runs up. Then her sister jumps in. All in all I think we had about 7 people decide on the spot to get baptized. Street clothes, no towel, ready to follow Jesus and identify with his family!
For one girl it was her first night at the Stirring. She got baptized with a hoodie on. When she came out of the water there was still 8 gallons of water on her. Derek and I rang out her hood before she drenched the entire church.
I left a comment on Nate's blog last night just thanking him for calling me up her to do this with him. I love the Stirring. I love baptism. There is no denying what God is doing in the person. They are soaked in his spirit and their new family rejoices with them.

No comments: