Monday, March 31, 2008

25 peeps in my front room

Yesterday was a really great and really long day. It started with a Life Group leaders meeting at 9am and people left around noon. We crammed 25 people into my front room...it was pretty crowded...plus the fact that we were missing 10 people...that would have been crazy! It was awesome to hear what's going on in groups and to push forward some vision for where we want to go.
Grabbed lunch, changed the strings on my guitar and took off for the Stirring.
Led worship...taught a new song that I just wrote...went over well.
Nate started our "We are family" series. Changed everything he was going to say an hour before he shared. We had no idea how hard the word would hit but it was really intense. We have a ton of restoration that needs to happen in our community when it comes to the idea of family.
Great night...went home...talked with Alyssa and my mom...went to bed...woke up at 5:30am to take my mom to the airport (thank God for flights out of Redding to LAX)...came home...went back to bed and slept till 9am...haven't done that in over a year!
Today's been an awesome Sabbath...family, reading, resting, eating, riding on my Vespa with my son...it's been a good couple days!

1 comment:

An Unlikely Retirement said...

It's a beautiful song, Dan. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.