Saturday, February 02, 2008

Going to IKEA vs. poking myself repeatly in the eye with a fork


In retrospect...given the choice now...I'm not sure what I would chose.
It sounded like a good idea. I needed a desk for work and we need a desk at the house.
IKEA is no longer 45 minutes away for us. 2.5 hours down and 2.5 hours back makes for quite a day with the kids and a sick wife. Getting the desks into the car is being written into history right behind the miracle of turning water into wine...it was out of control. There were boxes looming over both of our kids car seats in pretty precarious positions. It was raining...windy...freezing. For some reason we ended getting the kids in and out of the car 37 times. I was so stressed out when we left that I ran through McDonald's and ordered a hot fudge sundae and a large diet coke. I haven't had diet coke or aspartame for 4 or 5 months now. It was crazy...I used to live on diet coke and now it tastes like battery acid! The sundae was amazing though. And those little Swedish meatballs were a little bit of heaven.
We made it home...we have two desks...we have two headaches!

3 comments:

TimB said...

Diet Coke is like crack. I started drinking it a few months ago to save myself 200 calories or so a day. That hasn't made a difference and now I have to drink diet coke all the time.

Dana said...

So funny!!!!!! Kind of:)

Anonymous said...

U P S...