Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What to do with the gap?



(pictured above...both sides of my left arm)
So I got an appointment with Sid when i was with Alyssa getting her tattoo. I'm going back right before Christmas. I need some help on what to do. You'll notice that I have a nice little banner (my 1st tattoo) that cuts my bicep in half. I thought that was going to be my first and last tattoo...I was wrong. So basically I cut my arm in half when it comes to the sleeve that I'm trying to accomplish. So now I'm left with this gap between the ship and angel on my forearm and the banner on my bicep. I want to keep with the theme I have so far and I'm looking for ideas. The one thing I know I'm getting for sure is a compass on my elbow. After that I'm open for ideas. My ship tattoo represents my journey into something new over the last couple years. The angel is from Isaiah 6 and it's a reminder that I was created to worship. The banner on my arm is Philippians 3:8. Any ideas? It's got to be traditional...that's the only given...because that's how I roll. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Old Skool said...

Two words: TRIBAL!

Aaron Ivey said...

dude...holy crap these are BAAAAD! i MUST get another tattoo now. amazing.

The Republikan said...

Rev, are you familiar with Dave Quiggle's work? He's a brilliant artist. He has his own approach to tattoo work, while incorporating the traditional Sailor Jerry style found in your pictures.

Check out Quiggle's stuff for inspiration.
Dave Quiggle
Quiggle on MySpace

If you are in Cali, Quiggle does some guest spots in Murrieta at New Times Tattoo.

Peace,
Adam

Anonymous said...

Hey Man I was thinking a rustic shield that incorporated the Ephesians Scripture on it like the old shields with your family crest? then it would flow down into the ship and angel?

Anonymous said...

Love the tats.

brian said...

I'll come with ya...