Friday, November 02, 2007

I can't get away from it


So I've been off of aspartame and sucralose (aka Equal and Splenda) for about 2 months now. I haven't had a diet coke since the post I put up a long time ago...feelin' pretty good about that. Then this morning I go to have my Kashi granola cereal with my yogurt and I realize that my yogurt is made with Splenda....uuuurrrrggggghhhh! This breakfast was my highway to weight loss when I was on Weight Watchers. 3 points in the morning and it filled me up. I was talking to Adam about this yesterday but there are a lot of ways to cheat when you are doing Weight Watchers. You can manipulate fiber and drink diet coke all day and lose weight like crazy. So I figured out the system pretty well and dropped 55 lbs. but now I've put 18 back on. This time I'm trying to eat things that are actually good for me and do it right...much harder. The good thing about Weight Watchers is that it teaches you portion control. If I could just figure that out I could do this without cutting any corners. As American's we have a warped since of what we "need" to eat to get full. The portions that we are served at restaurants is usually plenty for two people.
Anyways...sorry for the ramble...just trying to bring you into my process. I'm trying to drop 15 lbs. by the new year. People always binge at the holidays and make resolutions but my resolution is starting right now. Feel free to ask me how I'm doing.

4 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

you know there aren't really that many confirmed issues tied to splenda, so i think you're okay.
much, much better than aspartame.

rock the yogurt, dan. the bacteria is good for you too.

peace.

ian said...

mmm yes live and active cultures ... if the package says "light" on it there's always a catch...

Anonymous said...

i think the splenda logo on the bottom left gives it away ... ... ... .. .. .. . . .. . . . .

Mamadebrick said...

Trader Joes nonfat plain nonfat yougurt with fresh fruit or better yet frozen berries is a great sustitute.