Saturday, September 29, 2007

The theology of baldness



So I totally bombed my tryout for the Village People and in my frustration I shaved off the mustache. This post is for all of my bald brotha's out there in blog world. There is a nakedness to being completely bald that I have found. People with hair are constantly switching things up...long, short, bangs, messy, faux hawk, Bobby Browns Gumby fade in the "My Prerogative" video. This is the reason you will normally find me with some amount of facial hair. When you lose your hair you lose options! Right now all I've got is my eyebrows. I think everyone should be bald at one point in their life to experience the vulnerability of being facially naked. (It builds character.) My forehead started turning into a sixhead when I was 17 and the cul de sacs that some call widows peaks have almost turned into the full blown horseshoe race track look made famous by the friars. I wish it would all just fall out so I didn't have to keep building the stock of Mach III...but for now I wait with awkwardly deteriorating hairlines...the cross that I must bare. I have no idea what the heck I'm talking about right now. It's been a great Sabbath and I find myself so rested that I'm talking about the fact that I don't have hair. I will stop now. Let's hear from all my bald peeps in blogdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not bald at the moment, however I have heard that people with widows peaks have a better chance at going bald (not to mention both my uncles are bald, I don't if that helps.)

So hear's to future bald Micah, CHEERS!

Alyssa said...

I think bald is pretty sexy!