Sunday, August 05, 2007

Week 5: Sabbath


The Sabbath is officially back in the Lance household. For those of you new to the blog, I've been recording what my day of rest looks like each week for the world to see. It's a way to stay accountable to the simple life that I'm striving for and a way to share with my friends what it looks like for me and my family to rest. The first thing I've done is shut my phone off on Saturdays...everyone should turn off their phone's for a day...it reminds you how unimportant you are!
Here's how it started:
Both kids slept in...it's like they knew...it was awesome!
Went to Farmers market with Steve and Karen (our weekly ritual...see pic). Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf after while listening to Hobo Jazz serenade us.
Alberto's for lunch. Not sure why but I've had hankerin's for Berto's lately.
Fatty nap.
Hours of controlled chaos in our backyard. Zeke and the neighbor kids (Dakota, Holly, Sharlet, Gracie, and Jack) having a great time.
Alyssa made a great dinner that we ate outside with the kids.
Bath for Sofia, fed kids, put them down.
Watched the movie Running with Scissors (very interesting...weird)
Went to bed. Great day of rest!

No comments: