Thursday, August 02, 2007

The truck dilemma

So I think I'm keeping my truck. The problem is I'm trying to become as eco-friendly as possible these days and my truck gets about 1/2 a mile to the gallon. It's a huge monstrosity and I feel very bro-tastic cruising around town in it. But I've come to the conclusion that having a big truck is really nice to have around. I just moved my brother last month. I knocked down a room at Bill's house today and took everything to the dump. I'm moving a refrigerator for Jon next week. Plus Jon and Kathy and Steve and Karen are moving this month. I put about 1,000 miles a year on the truck so I just dropped the insurance to the lowest coverage...bought some used tires today for $100 bucks (because I was on the verge of killing someone on the road with my bald tires that you could see the steel radials cutting through!)...and I'm offering the use of my truck to any of my friends that need help. So don't go out and buy a huge truck that you can't afford...mine is paid off and you can use it whenever you need it. That will help with my rationale for keeping it around. I figure I've used every friend I've ever had in the 7 or 8 moves I've had to this point in my life. It's my turn to start showing the love. I'm also committing to only using the truck for emergencies when I have to take the kids and Alyssa has the car, or I'm using it for what it was made for...hauling and dumping! That means I'm buying rain gear for my Vespa and you will see me on that bad boy even if its 107 outside. If it gets to 108 I'm takin' the truck. I've got my limits.

6 comments:

Topherspoon said...

My registration was due last month on my Ranger, the one with custom body work from three uninsured accidents. It has 182,000 miles on it and usually just clutters my driveway. I was debating about rather to get it smoged and pay fees for another year. Rev Rock just contributed 1,000 points to the "let it go" team.

escamillaweddings said...

if it's paid off, i say keep it.

i don't need to use your truck yet but hopefully one day soon elizabeth and i will abuse it with our stuff.

Anonymous said...

do you sit down to take a pee too?
M' gonna send the dunlap truck family
over to slap you (not talking about
the little windup volkswagen owner)

-- memphis stofelez

Anonymous said...

that's comedy

rev rock said...

I've been waiting for Vega to come round these parts talkin' trash. Welcome my friend!

rev rock said...

ps. You've seen my pee sitting down