Sunday, July 08, 2007

Week 4: Sabbath

Wedding weekend.
Sarah Perkins and Will on Friday night in a backyard...very nice...said a prayer for dinner because I'm a pastor and that's what I do.
Andrea Johnson and Steve Pendleton on Saturday morning...awesome...sang "She" by Elvis Costello (yes, the song at the end of Notting Hill) as she was walking down the aisle. Reception went forever (surprise).
Went home...nap from 3-5pm...amazing.
Woke up...my house was 152 degrees
Grabbed some Panera for the fam, ate outside.
Zeke got a bath.
Alyssa and I talked on the couch for a couple hours.
Watched an episode of Man vs. Wild (the one in Kenya where he squeezes the juice out of elephant dung to drink!)
Very relaxing Sabbath.
ps. Casey called me half way through the day and I realized that I forgot to turn my phone off. I felt the need to confess. It will never happen again! :)
pss. We leave on Tuesday!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no live earth? they didnt put the pumpkins on the air. :( john mayer played with the police and kanye west (?!?!)

Anonymous said...

oh, the pumpkins and everyone else is archived at the live earth website. sweeeet. http://liveearth.msn.com/

Topherspoon said...

Great Sabbath Dan, I cleaned the playroom and worked on my sermon. I don't think that counts.

escamillaweddings said...

dang it.
i recorded live earth for the sole purpose of watching the pumpkins. boooo for them not airing it on tv.

what would we do without extra footage via internet?

im working more and more to having a sabbath each week...it's pretty snazzy. your blog is such a great encouragement a lot of the time.

praying for you all and your trip!!!!