Thursday, July 19, 2007

Adoption day 9 (PRAISE JESUS...WE'RE COMIN' HOME!!!)



We got the Visa today without a hitch!!! Thanks to everyone that has been praying for us. Sofia is doing amazing. We found out that she wasn't fussy, she was just starving. We feed her a full bottle every 3 hours now and she cries every time they're done. We went to the doctor and she only weighs 11 lbs (I know kids that are born at that weight). She's 25 inches long (that's pretty normal). Once we started pounding the formula down she has been doing great and napping great (as you can see). We leave for the airport tomorrow at 6am and we'll get to LAX at 7pm (about 20 hours). Can't wait to see my bed. Please pray for our travels. I won't be able to post again until we're home. I made up for it with 4 posts today. WE'RE COMIN' HOME WITH OUR LITTLE GIRL. She became an American today...poor thing! Thank you so much for reading my blog and praying. Thanks to Carlos for showing me how to capture an adoption with a little camera and a little html. If you're new to my blog because of the adoption...stick around to hear the ridiculous things that run through my head on a regular basis!

4 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

Yay sofia!!!

see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved the story. It takes me back to ours. It also makes me have a small tiny sliver of desire to do it again. We have not finalized Losiah completely and I am not ready for the paper work and dealing with Governments just yet. Thanks for letting me go on the ride with you. H

Diana said...

I found your blog through Los'. I just wanted to say congrats on the adoption; she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sofia, we can't wait to meet you! We love you already! Auntie Karen and Uncle Steve are dying to tickle your litte elf ears!