Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Other side of the arguement

So this guy commented to my Global warming post and disagreed with what I was saying. I think it's important to hear both sides of any issue. I appreciated what he had to say and I have my ideas but I would like to hear what you think. Please respond and be nice :) Here's his post:

I guess my point on the "Global Warming" issue is that I remember when I was a kid, the air was dirtier, i remember how bad the smog could be, and i also remember being taught that because of pollution we were quickly entering a new ice age (1976.) Now the air is cleaner than it was back then and we are hearing that it is global warming? I like clean air, clean water, etc. I am not opposed to pollution controls but I believe there is nothing that will touch us that God hasn't allowed. This is April 17th and there is snow all around me in Scranton, PA. I would like to experience this global warming, trust God and break out the swimming trunks. I mean no offense, but the religion of environmentalism stands in opposition to the Alpha and Omega!

2 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

"I would like to experience this global warming, trust God and break out the swimming trunks"

that's defnitely an opinion i've yet to hear. :)

i agree with his last sentence referring to the "religion of environmentalism." of course some can go a bit overboard with concern for our environment, just as we can go overboard about any other issue but i don't think the resonsiblity of taking care of our planet goes against God or his ideas/plans/etc.

God put adam and eve in charge of plants and animals. he's required action out of mankind. i don't think he would appreciate us disregarding the place we live in. however, i think a balance is necessary with this issue as well as any other throughout our lifetime.

H00KisBack said...

i guess my stance on the whole environmentalism thing is a bit different from most. I believe we are having an adverse effect on our world in more ways than just pollution. whether global warming is real or a hoax by the hippies of the world I don't care honestly. I am not a scientist so my opinion on global warming is the extent of a five year old. I do know for a fact my God will not flood us ever again so I am not worried about that happening(he gave us the rainbow for that).

But I do believe that as a follower of the God who created me and everything else in this world, if I respect Him then I should respect his creation in anyway I can. He is a loving God who loves me but also loves the trees, oceans, animals and mountains. Therefore, I need to love them too.