Saturday, March 17, 2007

Art weekend


Yeah...so it's been a long weekend but really cool. Yesterday I played acoustic for a benefit show for the high school Chile team going out this summer. It was really good. It's always good to play with Ann Lynn, and my buddy Scotty has a new band called Fransico the man. They played and were amazing. I did a mixture of old and new stuff that I've written along with a cover of "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead...good times. Seriously...how good is "The Bends" album?
Tonight we had an Anthem art show. I'm holding up the pic that my wife took for the show. The theme was "fake vs. real." We had some really cool pieces. Ellie came through with a pigs heart in a makeup case...classic. Micah took a rad picture of someone stepping on egg shells. Joel Hasemeyer did this amazing piece. The kid is a senior in high school and puts together some ridiculous stuff. Casey's piece was museum quality. Go to her blog and make her post it! Jon did this rad photoshop manipulation of pictures (his dad, Sam Boone, and his wife) that he showed in slideshow fashion as he slowly airbrushed them in layers to the zine rack quality that we all aspire for. It would really be hard to do that with my face because I don't really have any blemishes...ha!! I just realized there are a lot of my blogging friends that are artists. And they're in my life group. And no I didn't forget about you Christina and Marissa but you've got to present pieces to get the love. If I forgot someone from my life group I apologize. That took forever to link all that stuff so go and spend time at each link so I feel better about myself being a good steward of my time.

2 comments:

ian said...

you have a new camera and all we see is one pic. :(

rev rock said...

Yeah...I don't know what I was thinking. I don't think anyone took pictures at the show. Dumb!