Monday, February 26, 2007

The joy of my life...the rummage sale bins...and my disgust for storage units

Today is annually the worst day of the year for any employee at the Grove. We spend the first three hours of our day emptying out these disgusting bins that are filled with peoples crap for our annual rummage sale. 2 forty foot containers jammed pack with stuff and junk piled up around the side of them. It blows me away the amount of crap that people bring to this thing. I know this weekend pulls in a ridiculous amount of money for our church but it never helps my attitude when I'm emptying those things.
Last night at Disneyland we were talking with the Dunlaps and O'Ferrells about the ridiculous amount of storage facilities in Riverside. Can we please burn all of those down and give the contents to the poor. How stupid is it that we have families in Riverside that can't afford to feed their kids but we have people with thousands of dollars of stuff jammed into storage units that they will never open. They have them because it's the American way to have stuff and we are the experts here in so cal. (sorry for the rant...I know some people in transition need those things, but everyone else should reconsider...in my humble opinion...take it or leave it) I guess working all day with peoples stuff that they don't need can put you in a bad mood :(

5 comments:

H00KisBack said...

ill get the crowbar for all the locks, you get the matches and the gasoline...tomorrow we could all be storage bin free in at least a 20 miles radius..

Anonymous said...

Last month I moved across the United States with everything I owned fitting comfortably in my back seat. Less is sometimes so much more!!!

Anonymous said...

when i moved here from AZ everything I was fit in a economy sized toyota. now I need a POD to move, but that's for two people with furniture.

Casey Angulo said...

Could this be a dissertation topic?

Anonymous said...

People should read this.