Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mike Erre is money!

So I just finished "The Jesus of Suburbia" a couple days ago by Mike Erre. I think Mike is awesome, he's the teaching pastor at Rock Harbor in Costa Mesa. I listen to him via podcast every week as I'm sweating to death on an elliptical machine. Damien and myself are starting a book club...that's right, we're giving Oprah a run for her money. Let me know if you'd like in. This is the first book we are going to go over. He says we have tamed down and neutered the revolutionary Jesus of the scriptures to fit into our Christianity of comfort and complacency. You won't be disappointed if you pick up this book. I'd love to talk to you about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am jealous of how quickly you read through books. i have a stack on my endtable that's been there for a few months. i'm almost done with one and just started another.

Savi said...

ooh that sounds really really good. is that at the grove bookstore and how much does it cost? i've looked into other reviews and i'm definitely interested!

rev rock said...

I found the book at the CBU bookstore but I'm sure you could get it at the Grove. I think it was about 12 bucks.