Monday, November 27, 2006

I got my preach on this weekend


That's right...I brought the bald to the pulpit. It was a lot different talking to so many people but it was really cool. You can listen to the message if the subject matter interests you at all. I shared a lot from a new book I read twice when I was on vacation. It completely blew me away. It's called the Secret Message of Jesus by Brian McLaren (see pic). He talks about how we've put so much emphasis on personal salvation and the hope of escaping this earth for heaven when we die that we have neglected Jesus' greatest teaching on the Kingdom of God...God's dream for this world. You should get the book and talk to me about it...it's a book you have to talk to someone about. Share some thoughts from this weekend if you have any. I'm honestly not looking for props, but I'd love to hear if God was doing anything new in your heart.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love when churches are challenged to think outside of the bun.. wait cliche.

Anonymous said...

http://feeds.feedburner.com/thegrovecc
or
http://www.thegrove.cc/sermons/

someones bound to find your mp3 or realaudio file in those.

Penny Lane said...

My favorite part of this weekend was when you were talking about the best way to thank your parents for all their love and support. The best way to thank them is to use what they've given you.
My mom always said, "You don't have to thank me for everything, just do what you're meant to do and that'll be enough to show me you're thankful."

Art of the Ordinary said...

I'm sure you make your mommy proud Christina! I'm looking forward to what you have to share tonight at Life Group.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

Let's get together and talk about Brian's new book.

In fact, we need a book club of our own.

Call me for lunch.

Damien

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!