Thursday, October 26, 2006

College Night Life

Hey world, I work with the young adults at this church called the Grove. We are looking to start a group that meets on Wednesday nights in the future to bring together the college kids that go to the Grove. Here are my ideas and I'd love to get some feedback. We'll do it at 9pm because 1) we have a bunch of jr. high and hi school leaders that are college kids that are at the church from 6:45-8:15pm. on Wednesday nights. 2) College kids don't sleep or do homework 3) what else are you gonna do on a Wednesday night. I'm thinkin' no lesson...most of them will be coming from a lesson from our jr. high or high school pastor or our teaching pastor that also speaks during that time. I'm thinkin' food but I always think food. I'm thinkin' coffee, I'm thinkin' fun, I'm thinkin' bringin' in the seniors from the high school group so we get that transistion down from the kids that bail on church after the youth group. I'm thinkin' a time to see other people that are the same age, pray, keep up with each other, encourage, maybe a little acoustic, hippy worship, you know the drill.
Give me your thoughts, I'd love to hear it. We are planning on having our first College Night Life on Wednesday November 29th @ 9pm at the Grove. Be there or be somewhere else!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont drink coffee after 12pm.

Casey Angulo said...

Good idea. Glad your back in the blog world.

Anonymous said...

Yo, we should go have lunch sometime and I'll tell you everything I've learned leading the college groups at Sandals.

rev rock said...

I would love to do it Justin, gimme a time and I'll make it happen. I'd love to learn from the guru!

Anonymous said...

Yo man,
Been praying for you and Nightlife this week - hope it was rad man!

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!